Monday, February 9, 2009

LET IT SNOW!


It’s snowing on my house today. I live in Southern California. It does snow here, if you live in the higher elevations and the circumstances are just so. Once upon a time we used to own a mountain cabin, so my two older dogs know what snow is. They even like to see it coming down, barking at the door to go outside. But the puppy, Oliver, he doesn’t agree. Ollie has to be pushed out the door, kicking his paws like wild and yelping. I only left them out there for a few minutes, and when I returned I found Ollie crouched near the dryer vent. Now he smells like fabric softener sheets mixed with wet dog. I would have gotten a picture but as soon as the door opened he shot between my legs into safety and almost knocked me off the steps. Duncan and Bonnie were laughing at him, their little pink Cairn terrier tongues showing. We’re holed up in the house. No reason to go out—better not to.

All Rights Reserved. © 2009 by Elizabeth Bradley.

3 comments:

ohgeezitsalexis said...

hahaha, what a dork... :]

Anonymous said...

ahahaha dryer vent

Anonymous said...

Ah, poor Ollie - it ain't easy bein' blond.