Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Take a Little Tour of Our New Home Town

                                                                   Vail Lake
Our own little airport, they serve breakfast!
        Lunch anyone?
        Lovely vineyards under the sun
     Hot Air Balloons over Skinner Lake
                   We have to try this!
      These guys sell  terrific garlic-stuffed olives


Thought I'd share a little information about our new home town today.

Temecula circa 1909! It sure doesn't look like this now! Don't you love historical pictures? The olive bar is in OLD TOWN, and well worth a visit. I've included a picture of Vail Lake, (which I have to admit I have not visited yet but I hear it's a great place to camp), and a vineyard or two, (just a couple miles away. I know, lucky us!), and those hot air balloons are flying over Lake Skinner which is just a hop skip and a jump away. French Valley Airport is a good place to take flying lessons, (my husband is signing up!), or to take a glider ride. So, if you visit Southern California, don't forget our wine country! Did I say, we love living here, well so far we do!







All Rights Reserved. © 2009 by Elizabeth Bradley.

14 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Lovely country with your own wine terroir!

Kim said...

This looks like a wonderful place! I've only been do San Diego CA driving from Tucson AZ but that is definitely one state I would love to vacation in.

Annie said...

Looks very interesting Elizabeth! Thanks for showing us. I hope you will be very happy and content there.

Thanks for your visit to my post also.

Lori ann said...

Hi Elizabeth!

thank you for the the visit and the kind comment. Wow, we're practically neighbors, it looks lovely in your new town. Where did you move from?

x lori

Elizabeth Bradley said...

We lived about an hour away in apple country in the foothills of the San Bernardino mtns. Nice country too! And where are you?

Nancy said...

It just looks lovely. That little lunch looks appetizing, too. Nice! Congratulations.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Looks like something out of a movie!

Joanne said...

I've never been to the West coast, but it looks amazing ... beautiful photographs. Enjoy!

Marguerite said...

I can certainly see why you'd love living there, Elizabeth. It is gorgeous and with so many nearby amenities. I am so happy for you!! Best wishes for a great time in your new home! Cheers, cher!!!

♥ Braja said...

Finally!!! Am finally I'm able to comment after 3 wks of not being able to!

Actually now that I think of it, there are many who won't be happy about that....
:)
Now, can you pour me a glass of that red? :)))

TestofF8th said...

Liz...the wineries there are just as good as Napa. Be sure to check out Stewart Winery's Viognier.

Mary

Gutsy Living said...

This looks lovely. I'd like to go wine tasting, especially as I near Temecula. Where did you move from?
Sounds like your husband will have fun learning how to fly. Are you too?

Woman in a Window said...

Wow. Gorgeous. Stunningly gorgeous.

The name reminds me of the name of the small town I'm from, Tehkumah. I wonder if it's a native american name? And suddenly I'm shamed 'cause I don't know what Tehkumah means.

Debbie said...

Gosh! It looks wonderful. I'll be right over:)