Wednesday, June 10, 2009

TAKE MY STUFF, PLEASE!


I just popped in to say. I'm sure I'm getting boring, just talking about moving all the time. But yesterday I went to drop off some clothes, dishware, and various misc. items, and the guy rejected 2/3 of my stuff at Goodwill. What happened to the "good will" at Goodwill? They won't accept hardly any donations these days. Picky, picky, picky. Well, our local thrift store was happy to take what they wouldn't. So there. :-) Miss u guys. Now, back to packing. (Doing delicate glassware right now.)

All Rights Reserved. © 2009 by Elizabeth Bradley.

9 comments:

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Oh, I've so been there, and done that!!!! Hope all is going well! We miss you, and look forward to hearing all about your new place when you get back! ~Janine XO

Rosaria Williams said...

NO way. How did it happen that Goodwill became so uppity?

Soon, you'll have everything sorted and packed. It will be fun unpacking only things you need.

Cloudia said...

Funny, since most of the clothes are sold by weight and end up in Africa!
Aloha, Dear.
Here's a Waikiki webcam to cut and paste if you like:

http://www.honolulu.gov/multimed/waikiki.asp

Marguerite said...

The same thing happened to me with a sofa at Goodwill, and it was in good condition. So, I put an ad in the paper and sold it for $300.! Guess it was their loss. Hope things are going smoothly with the move. Moving is such a production!!! Hang in there, Elizabeth!

Silver said...

anyone been through that knows... sit back and enjoy a cuppa, dear!

San said...

Wow, I guess I haven't been to Goodwill in a while. I'll try and shore up my self-esteem before my next visit.

Woman in a Window said...

That's one craZy Goodwill. Or maybe you found the only one with lots of WILL and no good.

Now, finish up!

Nancy said...

Since when did Goodwill have too much goodwill? Careful with that glassware! :-)

Marguerite said...

Hey Elizabeth, Sure do miss you and hope you'll be back soon. Also hope that you're settling in well, in your new place.

Stop by when you can, I have an award for you.